It’s been said that more dentures can be found in their rightful owner’s bedside drawer than in their mouth. In fact, eight out of every 10 denture wearers experience problems with the fit and function of their prosthesis. It is known that loss of all teeth causes disability for most people who wear conventional dentures because they have difficulty performing two of the essential tasks of life, eating and speaking (1).
… Atlas® Denture Comfort™ Implants (Dentatus) were developed in conjunction with New York University College of Dentistry, (NYUCD) Department of Implant Dentistry to be a simple and affordable alternative to conventional implant-supported dentures.
The ATLAS ‘Why’
- Simple and effective one stage procedure
- Implants available in 1.8,2.2, 2.4 & 2.8 diameters and are placed in thin atrophic ridges without need for grafting procedures
- No housings or adhesives are needed
- No o-rings required
- High patient satisfaction,
- Affordable solution
The ATLAS Quick-stage Technique
- Patients should be anesthetized with local infiltration.
- The needlepoint CePo™ Pilot drill is used to the desired implant length.
- A reamer corresponding to the implant size is then used to enlarge the osteotomy to the desired size of the final implant.
- The 4 Implants are seated flush with the ridge using a manual driver or ratchet.
- The denture base is prepared with a series of specially designed burs creating a seam-line undercut and adequate space for the implant heads.
- The Tuf-Link resilient liner is dispensed into the denture base and on the implant heads, then placed into the mouth.
- The denture should be maintained without movement for 6-7 minutes
- The liner is then placed back into the denture base with gentle finger pressure.
- The implants are immediately loaded and patients are instructed to wear the denture for 10-14 days without removal, except for cleaning to prevent edema of the tissue.
- Feine JS, Carlsson GE. Implant Overdentures—The Standard of Care for Edentulous Patients. Quint Pub Co. Inc. Hanover Park, IL, 2003.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, National Health Agencies across the globe are advising dental offices to resume seeing non-emergency patients and minimize AGP (Aerosol Generating Procedures). This is causing much debate around traditional scaling and air abrasion tec...
DENTATUS ARTICULATORS are designed to fulfill the requirements for efficient and accurate study of occlusal relations, diagnosis and treatment planning to aid in producing quality restorations.
Dentatus products, manufactured in Sweden wi...
In the article “Why I use… Profin” from Dental Product Shopper, Dr. Matt A. Nejad, DDS shares his experience of working with Dentatus’s Profin reciprocating system. Read more here.
Dental Tribune republished this article on their website and you can read it here.
Dentatus products, ...
Did you know that the above BEFORE and AFTER effect can be achieved by the Dentatus Lamineer Tips type LTA?
To remove interdental overhangs with standard rotating instruments can be difficult.
The Profin with reciprocating Lamineer Tips (LTA) gives access to these hard-to-re...
Summer is here! 😁🌞🌻🌊
Dentatus factory and office will be closed for the summer holidays between the 8th and 28th of July. With this occasion, we would like to kindly remind our customers that during this period no deliveries can be made....
Dentatus EVA Plastic Tips are a brilliant choice for an efficient and gentle cleaning of the implants.
Applications:Use our Profin PDX handpiece or Profin PDH hand instrument not only for finishing and polishing, but also for professional cleaning of...
On 6th of June we celebrate Sweden’s National Day!
The office is closed the whole day and on Friday the 7th of June as well. We re-open for business on Monday the 10th June.
We wish all our Swedish customers & friends en mysig nationaldag! 🎈🎉Ǵ...
Manufactured in our Swedish facilities and made of high-quality stainless steel, Dentatus classic matrix bands and retainers are the best of its kind.
Our office will be closed from 13:00 o’clock on the 18th of April and we re-open for business as usual on the 23rd of April. We wish you to have sunny and happy Easter Holidays! 🌞🐣🌼🌷🌺
Dentatus ANEW – Engineered to reduce incidence of peri-implantitisExternal screw-retention, no cements External platform, prevents rotation Built-in platform switch, no micro-gap Machined collar, promotes healthy tissue Surface treated, promo...
Go to the archive