Per-Io-Tor tips are the ultimate tools for safe mechanical root-planing.
Used in the reciprocating Profin handpieces, Per-Io-Tor tips gently smoothen the root surface without over-instrumentation.
- For mechanical tooth cleaning
- Safe root-planing with Profin
- Developed by Prof. Per Axelsson
- Made of high quality stainless steel
- Made for long lasting performance
Prevents Further Removal of Root Cementum Once Surface is Clean
The Per-Io-Tor instruments are specially designed to optimize cleaning and planing of the rough root cementum and prevent further removal of root cementum once the surface is clean and smooth.
The secret is in the unique design of the Per-Io-Tor instruments, which have planing grooves set in a smooth surface.
Why Use Per-Io-Tor Instead of Other Techniques
Research shows that a clean smooth root cementum is of great importance for good healing of marginal periodontitis and for the regeneration of the periodontal supportive tissue. The root cementum is only between 0,03 and 0,1 mm thick in the coronal third of the root. Therefore 10-20 strokes with a curette or 5-10 rotations with a 15 micron diamond bur may result in the complete removal of the root cementum. This can lead to an invasion of subgingival microflora in the dentinal tubules which may result in an infection of the pulp. Additionally, microflora and their toxins in infected root canals may go the other way, which will lead to disturbances in the healing of the periodontitis.
Ref. Prof. Per Axelssons book Professional Mechanical Tooth Cleaning (PMTC), Finishing and Minimally Invasive Treatment of Caries and Periodontal Diseases – Materials, Methods and Effects”.
- All Per-Io-Tor instruments are made of high quality stainless steel and may be cleaned in ultrasonic baths, in thermal washers / disinfectors and in autoclaves at 134º C.
- Per-Io-Tor 1-4 may be used in all Profin and EVA handpieces.
- Per-Io-Tor 5-6 should be used in a Profin handpiece, since these instruments are used in a locked position.
- Per-Io-Tor 7R-9R have a standard rotating right-angle fitting (RA).
- Degree of removal: approximately 0,005 mm at 2-3 minutes use until the root cementum is smooth.
- All Per-Io-Tor instruments should be used at approximately 10.000 rpm.
- The Per-Io-Tor instruments have been developed by Prof. Per Axelsson, Sweden, and are carefully documented.
Tor-1-6 For Profin/EVA Reciprocating Handpiece, Tor-7R-9R for Rotary Handpiece
Reciprocating LTA and EVA Tips can be used for all Profin Instruments.
Professional Mechanical Tooth Cleaning (PMTC) is the art of perfection for obtaining and maintaining high quality dental hygiene. The LTA and EVA tips for Profin instruments are designed for the professionals.
Your companion to dental perfection
Ideal for delicate and directionally controlled reciprocating movement for cleaning, finishing and polishing dental surfaces.
The Profin® System is the professionals choice for all kinds of cleaning, finishing and contouring of dental surfaces – n...
The Ultimate Instrumentation for Finishing and Polishing for Professionals
The handpiece and the dedicated and wide assortment of abrasive tips offer unlimited access to hard-to-reach intraoral areas, allowing reshaping of enamel and restorations made of porcelain, metal, composite and ama...
For Implant Cleaning
By using the plastic EVA tips for cleaning implants and implant retained prosthetics, an efficient and gentle cleaning can be provided.
The Ultimate Instrument for Manual Finishing
Based on the established Profin/EVA system, Dentatus is proud to present the new Profin PDH, a high-quality hand instrument with a wide range of interchangeable Lamineer diamond tips for safe and precise finishing work.
For Safe InterProximal Reduction
The Profin IPR™ tips for interproximal reduction are developed to use together with the highly acclaimed reciprocating Profin Directional System.
The Profin system with suitable Lamineer tips in different grit sizes and shapes is an excellent aid for refine cavity preparations and final CAD/CAM restorations in different steps. Dentatus offers the complete kit for your CAD/CAM restorations containing a Profin PDX hand piece and recommended ...